Monday, April 4, 2016

LIBERATE YOUR ART 2016

I've participated in the LYA Project the last few years and made some really great friends.  Kat goes above and beyond to make this project a success!  Thanks KAT!  Her dedication and long work hours before and on the day of the swap is amazing to me.  Her helpers are appreciated as well.  Thank you to all who help make this project a success. Finally to the ARTIST'S, I am truly amazed at the work you create.  Every piece so different and inspirational.  Thank you!  I received some great cards in the project and in the side swaps, feel very blessed.  

my art liberated this year:


Below are my posts for each card received.  Again thanks!!

My mother-in-law checked mail and I got my first postcard. Beyond EXCITED!!! Thank you Imelda in Cali. I appreciate your beautiful work and great message.  I requested information regarding this card and Imelda responded "This painting was done for a wonderful dancer/friend who lost her Grandmother. To remind her that she is with her still..."

the back


https://www.flickr.com/photos/48965201@N07/.
Imagine my surprise when card #2 arrived, CREATE, which is something I've been trying a little more (usually I stick with photography). Kate's beautiful CREATE card is among some of my newest attempts at art (crochet and my bunny Easter gifts). Kate is such a talented artist! I spent a little time on her Flickr page and there is some really beautiful art! Check it out and show her some love.
 


Lovely #3 is from Juana, her work is gorgeous and can be found at galleryjuana.com (watercolors are amazing). The postcard is definite inspiration "YOU ARE YOU". The message on the back "And that is everything the World needs!" is so true Juana. Thanks for participating in LYA for your fourth year. I think it is mine as well. Your card landed in Griffin, GA. Seems like I was fortunate enough to get one from you last year or the year before also, so blessed!!!


Footprints in the sand, treasure #4 arrived 3/31/16. Lynne Foerster your work is amazing! The message was perfectly timed "Go for long walks, indulge in hot baths, question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, loosen up, scream, curse the world, count your blessings, JUST LET GO - JUST BE! ~Carol Shields" Thank you for participating this year. I am so excited to have a piece of your heART! Thank you!



Postcard #5 has arrived at it's destination. Ron Leunissen takes you on a journey with his art. So enjoyed reading the story of Ampero and Tessa. My Aunt is named Tessa so this is a journey I happily went on. Thank you Ron for bring a smile to my face!





SWIPES (aka side swaps):
Praying hands are from Sara Calhoun from Atlanta, GA. My Mother-in-Law is holding them, her hands have done a lot of praying, so I felt it appropriate for her to hold. Thanks Sara, love! Junk Art always amazes me, Howard Finster's Paradise Garden is definitely a place I plan to visit! 



Pat Mark's lovely delicate flower photo was received today, She is from Oregon and her work is fantastic. The delicate flower on the hard wood background pops so perfectly and that cloth brings in so much depth, love!!!





So I received another swipe from the amazingly talented Janice Darby! Such a beautiful card, secretly I hoped to get this one. Didn't realize all the tiny details from the photos I've seen. In the bottom corner it says "happy girl" which I definitely am to have received this gift of love! Thank you Janice for being an inspiration! Our mixed media pact two years ago has been a blessing to me, please don't ever stop creating magic!



Oh my goodness one of my absolutely favorite people in the world sent me some treasures. Thank you so much Shirina Powell Manes for ALWAYS being so kind to me! I feel so blessed to call you friend! Enjoy Shirina's ART she is one uber talented young lady!


This beautiful collage postcard was from the talented Terry Owenby, gorgeous work Terry! I love the quote "Art is when you hear a knocking from your soul - and you answer" T.Guillemets. Many thanks for the side swap Terry!




A lady after my heart, many thanks Amy for sharing your tribute for the lives lost in the France bombing. It is such a treasure. Thank you.







Jacques Williamos your amazing postcard made it across the ocean, it brings with it your talent and imagination. Love your words of wisdom "Today, anything is possible, make your dreams come true."








Sherry M. Harmes, so love your beautiful postcard "Conceive, Believe, Achieve!!!", are great words to live by. Thank you for sharing. I so want to read John Muir's book, love the quote and definitely Alaska is on my list to visit some day. Thanks Sherry!







So I've swapped with Sonya before and was not or disappointed, her beautiful Mission Bell found its way to me in Georgia. Thank you Sonya for swapping and sharing a little of your world with me. Great reminder "Your Creative voice is stronger, louder and more powerful than any other. Use it."




Kat you are an amazing lady.  So LOVE your postcard, thank you for encouraging us all to LIBERATE our ART!  I must say how thankful I am to have been a part of this adventure for the last few years!  I hope this year is one of many blessings for you!  J.Knower thanks for your help getting the postcards out, your message is appreciated!





20 comments:

  1. Great blog post featuring all the lovely art you have received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, it was a great 2016! Thanks for your card - it was amazing!

      Delete
  2. I love the soft suede colour of your blog. It makes all the postcards pop. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog page too..You have a new follower :-) Your art is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, your work is awesome! And you got a great group of cards as well. It was great to be able to see them up close. So glad you enjoyed the swap and I look forward to seeing your work next year. Happy creating to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelia I always enjoy seeing your beautiful work!!! I did get a lovely stash, was looking back at them last night, so blessed! Looking forward to seeing what you create for next year =)
      Happy LYA 2016!

      Delete
  5. Lovely cards :) I got the one with the clothes pins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad it found a great home. Thanks Linda. Happy LYA 2016!

      Delete
  6. Your blog and this post are gorgeous! I love how you so carefully placed each wonderful card! I hope you'll visit my blog sometime- it's new At HeartsUntangled.com. You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat,
      I did spend some time on your new blog, looks great!
      Happy LYA 2016!

      Delete
  7. You received some great cards. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, here's looking forward to next year!

      Delete
  8. You received some beautiful cards! I am amazed at how many different ways people express their creativity. It is inspiring to see it all--and fills my head with ideas to make MORE art! Thanks for participating again this year. Your photos are filled with LIGHT! -- Michele at Sweet Leaf Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele, I'm constantly amazed too, artist are such brilliant inspiring folks. Your work is amazing, I enjoyed checking out your blog! Thanks again. Tammy

      Delete
  9. So many beautiful cards! Isn't it fantastic to see and receive all that wonderful pieces of art?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I love this project and look forward to it yearly!

      Delete
  10. You received some wonderful cards and displayed them so creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you displayed the gorgeous cards you received! You liberated some beautiful art too!!

    ReplyDelete