Friday, April 17, 2015

LYA ~ 2015

Had so much fun with LYA 2015, this year was one of learning new terms, meeting new friends and receiving some absolutely gorgeous artwork.  Thank you for participating.  Will get my extra swaps online as soon as I can, maybe this weekend since rain is in my forecast.  Thank you again to each person who participated it is truly a joy to get ART not just mail!  Many, many thanks to Kat, without you we wouldn't have connected.  Will post your card and extras as soon as I can get a moment to breathe.

Post card #1 - A poppy made it to Georgia from the talented Jana Johnson. Thanks Jana for sharing your gift. I adore all your work, especially the poppies, fish are pretty neat too. If you haven't visited Jana's site you should, wonderful work!!!





Post card #2 arrived last week, from Mary Jane from Brisbane, Australia, lovely work of art! She wished me a happy & creative year. Thanks Mary Jane for being a part of such a wonderful project. Love your work.


Post card #3 arrived on Monday, from Mary Clemons the piece is a collage with painting and monoprinting (something new I need to research). Such a beautiful work of heART! Mary I'll be emailing you soon to see how I can find more of your wonderful art. Thank you!


Post card #4 arrived yesterday just one day prior to the day the Eiffel Tower Sopened 126 years ago...yes March 31, 1889 the Eiffel Tower opened...check out Google today if you don't believe me. Thank you so much Lisa Schwinghammer for this lovely photograph, Paris is on my bucket list so I was very happy to receive. Thank you again Lisa! "Paris is always a good idea." Audrey Hepburn was on the back!!! Definitely Happy postcard Swap! Lisa!!!!

 

Thanks Linda from Virginia...this mixed media master piece is gorgeous. Post card #5 arrived over the weekend was a wonderful Easter blessing a lovely bouquet of beautiful flowers. Loving the quote she included had to get a photo of it too. Will check out the Gouache and Indian Ink Resist technique, which Linda said she used to create.  Many, many thanks!!!



Adore them all...thank you again!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy, thanks for your visit and comment:) YOu received some wonderful cards. I look forward to LYA every year.

    You mentioned monoprinting and that is a really fun process. I took a workshop and the artist used water-based oil paints. Although turpentine wasn't needed for clean-up, the chemical scent of the paints was still too much for me. I switched to using acrylics. This video shows the process pretty well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKF-HPo68m4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, will check out the acrylics video soon.

      Delete
  2. This was my third year with LYA. I do love mail call! Your cards are wonderful -- each so different. I'm already thinking about next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection, thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was another great year Sheila, so enjoy!!!

      Delete
  4. Hello! Hopping by, enjoying everyone's collections, and how they display them. This was my 1st year, and I haven't seen where any of mine landed :1st year jitters--neglected to put email on them! Live and learn. Already looking forward to next year! Have a beautiful, creative year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay on participating, hopefully by now you've found some of your cards. This is my third year I think, learn something new every year. Hope you have a beautiful, creative year yourself!!!

      Delete
  5. Hello Tammy,

    I love the art you received this year...each one is amazing. There are so many fabulous people participating in the Swap and you are certainly one of them. I want to thank you for your kindness in sending my mom and me cards while I was with her in California. It was so appreciated.

    Take care and love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suz - so glad that you got me started on this journey...it has been a blast! I haven't asked in a while how is your mom? Take care of you and hope to hear from you soon! Much love to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete